Work from home with flexible hours! Ongoing education and annual CEU’s paid. Excellent benefits and competitive compensation package. RHIA management team support, colleague recognition and referral bonus programs.
The Coding Specialist / Remote Health Information Coder is responsible for accessing and coding client records via e-Web Coding technology by utilizing ICD-9 and CPT coding classification systems.
Responsibilities and duties include and are not limited to:
- Maintains a working knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT coding principles, governmental regulations, official coding guidelines, and third party requirements regarding documentation and billing.
- Assures that all services documented in the patient’s chart are coded with appropriate ICD-9 and CPT codes. When services/diagnoses are not documented appropriately, seeks to attain proper documentation in a timely manner according to facility standards.
- Ability to maintain average productivity standards as follows: Inpatients 3-4 charts per hour.
- Works the review queue on a daily basis to ensure all charts that are placed in the review queue are worked and any corrections are communicated to the facility if necessary.
- Provides accurate answers to physician’s/hospitals coding and/or billing questions within eight hours of request.
- The coder is responsible for coding or pending every chart placed in their queue within 24 hours.
- Coders must maintain their current professional credentials while working for us.